Portrait and history
Our popular and stylishly renovated Alpine Hotel is in a quiet location on the edge of the forest near to the centre of the village.
Enjoy fantastic views over the surrounding mountains and the Untersee lake. Meet other guests over a welcoming drink and soak up the homely, relaxed atmosphere.
The large dining room with its impressive panoramic windows offers fantastic views and is a bright and cheerful place for breakfast and a romantic setting for dinner. In the rooms, decorated with solid wood furniture, you will find every convenience that you may require to ensure a relaxing stay. The rooms on the south side of the hotel are even larger and have their own balcony. For rest and relaxation there is the spa centre with its big swimming pool, steam bath and sauna. The Sunstar Hotel Arosa offers a wide range of sports facilities, from the Fitness Centre to tennis court, a sports hall and a bowling alley. There are also all kinds of sports available locally such as tennis, badminton, bowling and table-tennis.
The Sunstar Alpine Hotel Arosa yesterday...
- 1883 the hotel was built and operated for a long time as a Kurhaus (spa hotel).
- 1998 Purchase and renovation of the insolvent Parkhotel Arosa with 179 beds.
- 2001 Opening of the Wellness area with the biggest indoor pool in Arosa.
- 2002/2003 Partial renovation of the rooms and the corridors.
- 2005 The Sunstar Parkhotel Arosa includes use of the cable-cars (skiing and hiking pass) in the room price.
- 2010 Renovation of the wardrobes in the wellness area and a view rooms.
- 2011 Extensive refurbishment of the lobby area, main kitchen and the lounge on the 1st floor.
- 2011 Since the 2011/12 winter season, Philomena & Rolf Bucher have been the new hosts at the Sunstar Parkhotel Arosa.
- 2012 From the 2012 winter season, children under the age of 18 can attend ski school free of charge --> more info >>
- 2013 For the 2013/14 winter season, there's a new dream pairing in the form of the Arosa-Lenzerheide area: 2 skiing areas will become 1 winter paradise with 225 km of ski slopes with guaranteed snow.
Arosa-Lenzerheide will be the largest continuous skiing area in Graubünden and one of the top 10 in the country.
Category **** Off. classification hotelleriesuisse
- Holiday hotel with style and culture
- Central location
- Quiet parkland on the edge of the forest
- Wide range of sports
- Spa Centre with Fitness Centre
- Free Internet Corner
- Sports shop
- Davidoff Smokers-Lounge
- Included cable-cars, summer and winter
- In summer: garden lounge
Distances from the hotel
- Centre 400 m
- Local bus («Casino») 400 m
- Station (hotel bus) 800 m
- Lake 800 m
- Cable-cars (hotel bus as ski shuttle) 800 m